"I'm ready (to come back) because Trapattoni is gone," Londonderry-born Gibson told the Irish Independent.
"If I'm called up, I'll come straight back in," added the 25-year-old.
"There were people saying that I didn't deserve to put the green jersey back on, but they don't know what happened and don't know how I felt because I've never spoken about it.
"I've been thinking about this for a long time, but I did not want to disrespect the manager and say anything bad about him."
Gibson's year-long self-imposed exile from the international arena began when he withdrew from the Republic squad for a World Cup qualifier against Kazakhstan in September 2012.
Three months earlier, the midfielder went to the European Championship finals in Poland and Ukraine but was restricted to a seat on the bench as the Republic slipped to successive defeats at the hands of Croatia, Spain and Italy.
No comments:
Post a Comment