Wednesday 25 September 2013

WOLFSBURG DEALT VIEIRINHA INJURY BLOW

 
Wolfsburg attacker Vieirinha faces a number of months on the sidelines after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament.
The 27-year-old suffered the injury during his side's 2-0 DFB-Pokal victory over Aalen on Tuesday and underwent an MRI scan on Wednesday.
Having been substituted 33 minutes into the game at the Volkswagen Arena, the former PAOK man is to undergo surgery and will face a lengthy spell out of action.
No timeframe has been given on his return but Vieirinha wants to complete his rehabilitation as quickly as possible.
"Now I can only hope that the surgery goes well," he told the club's official website.
"It is tough time for me, but I also know that my family, my team-mates, and our fans are behind me and this will give me the strength to complete the rehab programme quickly come back again."
The club's sporting director Mike Schussler added: "It's cruel for him and for us.
"We all wish him a speedy recovery and will do everything possible to help with the rehabilitation."

No comments:

Post a Comment