Wednesday 25 September 2013

BALL EYES SUNDERLAND JOB

 
Sunderland caretaker boss Kevin Ball wants to be Paolo Di Canio's permament replacement.
Ball led the rock-bottom Premier League side to a 2-0 victory over Peterborough United in Tuesday's League Cup third-round tie, the first match since the Italian was sacked.
And the Englishman, who took charge of the club for 10 games at the end of the 2006 season following Mick McCarthy's sacking, revealed his desire to take the job on full-time.
"Anybody who is anybody would like to be considered for it," he said.
"In the sense of what I have done as a coach or a player and not only that, my qualifications I have gone out and got as a coach, I would like to be considered.
"But ultimately, that's the club's decision and I would go with that, whether it was me or someone else, they would have my full support."
Ball was pleased with what he saw from his side against their League One visitors.
Emanuele Giaccherini and Valentin Roberge got the goals in either half as Sunderland won their first game in four in all competitions.
"In terms of the game itself I thought we approached it very well," Ball told the club's official website.
"We were aware how well Peterborough have been doing and we wish them all the best for the future - good luck to them.
"I thought they were very effective in what they did tonight. From our point of view, I thought we played some good football."
Ball won just one of the games he took charge of in 2006 as Sunderland were relegated from the top flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment