Wednesday 25 September 2013

IKE THANKGOD'S LIBYAN DEAL FAILS

 

Warri Wolves defender Ike Thankgod is back in the country after the negotiations with Libyan outfit Al-Ittihad failed to materialize after he got injured while training with the team.
Ike Thankgod was initially reported to have signed a deal with the Libyan top flight outfit, but the Warri Wolves defender stated that he is back home after the deal collapsed.
The former Heartland FC defender, who had already agreed personal terms with the Libyan outfit, was only awaiting clearance from Warri Wolves when the injury happened during a practice session.
Thankgod, who spoke exclusively to supersport.com says the injury has put the deal on hold and he is currently trying to recuperate and recover from the injury.
"Everything looked settled until the injury came up. I had agreed terms and was just waiting for the green light from Warri Wolves to formally sign when I unfortunately got injured in a practice match.
"I was treated well by the Libyans, but at the end of the day they couldn't sign an injured player, so I had to come back to Nigeria.
The hard as nails defender ,who has three international caps to his name, is still keen on a move back to Libya when he recovers, but says he has other options in the works.
"For now I'm a player of Warri Wolves and I still hope to be part of the team before the league ends.
"My manager is still talking with Al-Ittihad, maybe I might go back there soon, or we take a look at other offers that I have on the table.
"But for now, I'm more concerned with getting back to my usual best and possibly helping Warri Wolves finish the season on a high." Ike revealed.
The defender missed Warri Wolves Federations Cup loss to Enyimba due to the injury, but hopes to be back before Glo Nigeria Professional Football League climaxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment