Wednesday 28 August 2013

CLARKE SET TO SPEAK TO ANELKA OVER DECISION TO RETIRE

Steve Clarke will speak with Nicolas Anelka in the next 24 hours in order to find out whether his decision to quit West Bromwich Albion is final. 
The club’s head coach is anxious to discover whether the former France international has turned his back on the game for good as the transfer window nears its’ close.
West Brom will not seek to strengthen up front if Anelka decides to return to the club following a period of mourning after the death of his solicitor Eric Manasse.

 
'The situation with Nicolas has not really changed since the end of last week,' said Clarke, 'but I’m conscious that time is short in the remaining part of the window.
'It’s something I will try and address tomorrow. We have to arrange a meeting as quickly as we can.
'I have to sit down and speak with him. We have to get in touch with one another to see where he is and have that chat.
'I’m the head coach, I try and train the players as best I can. That’s my job. But the club, the chairman and Richard (Garlick, sporting and technical director) know we need more players in the squad.'
Clarke also confirmed that he would be in the market for experienced cover in the goalkeeping department after Ben Foster’s problem was diagnosed as a stress fracture of his right foot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment