Monday 29 July 2013

LEWANDOWSKI FRUSTRATED AT DORTMUND STANCE

Robert Lewandowski has hinted that he
has "issues" with members of Borussia
Dortmund's hierarchy.
The Poland international had been
hoping to move to Bundesliga
champions Bayern Munich during the
close-season, but Dortmund refused to
sell the striker, and he is now expected
to move to the Allianz Arena on a free
transfer in 12 months' time.
Juergen Klopp's side defeated their rivals 4-2 in the DFL Super Cup on Saturday, and
though Lewandowski failed to score, he put in an impressive performance.
He maintains he has no problems representing Dortmund, but the 24-year-old has
revealed he is unhappy with certain personnel outside of the playing squad.
"When I am on the pitch, I want to play well and score goals," he told Sky
Deutschland.
"That is the most important thing for me, no matter where I play.
"I feel fine in the team, but with other people I do have a problem. That is a difficult
issue."
Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke conceded he was the likely target
of the striker’s ire, but insisted decisions had been made in the best interest of the
team.
Watzke explained to Bild: "Obviously he's referring to me but I have got to make
decisions for the good of this club.
"I can fully accept that Robert is a bit frustrated."

No comments:

Post a Comment