Tuesday 30 July 2013

CASILLAS READY TO BATTLE LOPEZ FOR NO1 SPOT

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas
says he has returned to training with
added enthusiasm as he looks to regain
his starting berth.
The Spain international endured a
nightmare second half to the 2012-13
campaign, failing to start a game from
February onwards after being relegated
to the bench by then-coach Jose
Mourinho.
The pair reportedly shared a fractious relationship during Mourinho's time at the
club, which further soured when Casillas failed to oust Diego Lopez from the first
team following his recovery from a hand injury.
But with the arrival of new manager Carlo Ancelotti offering the 32-year-old a chance
to return to first-team action, he has underlined his desire to work hard than ever to
make sure that is the case.
"I would love to be a starter again. I work and compete for it, even though my team-
mates do the same," he said. "Everybody starts from scratch, but I have much more
enthusiasm to get there than before.
"I know that my team-mates are going to make it difficult. I am going to work to get
into Carlo's team. There is a lot of competition but I am going to work, to fight and
struggle, like I have done all my life, with the idea of regaining my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment