Tuesday 30 July 2013

CISSE EAGER TO RETURN TO ACTION

Papiss Cisse is itching to make his first
pre-season appearance for Newcastle
United on Tuesday.
Alan Pardew's side travel to St Mirren
as they continue their preparations for
the new Premier League campaign.
Senegal international Cisse has been
unavailable for warm-up games after a
stand-off with the club over his refusal to wear kit featuring the club's sponsor, loan
company Wonga.
But the dispute has been settled and the 28-year-old is focusing purely on the
upcoming season.
"It has been a very difficult time for me and the club, and also for the fans," he told
the club's official website.
"I have had some useful discussions with my club, my family and Islamic teachers in
the last few weeks. After a huge amount of thought and reflection I have made the
decision to follow my team-mates and wear the kit.
"Now I think it is important for the team and the fans that we concentrate 100 per
cent on football.

No comments:

Post a Comment