Wednesday 15 January 2014

SEEDORF - AC MILAN'S CHOSEN ONE

Clarence Seedorf has described his appointment as Milan coach as a 'dream' after announcing his retirement on Tuesday.

The former Netherlands international returns to Milan, where he won two Serie A and two UEFA Champions League titles, to take over the role left vacant by sacked coach Massimiliano Allegri.

With the European giants sitting 11th in the league - 30 points off first-placed Juventus - Seedorf said it was a huge opportunity.

The 37-year-old retired from Brazil Serie A club Botafogo to take up the position.

"I am very happy to have this opportunity. I am keen to end in style my adventure here in Brazil which has been wonderful to me, before starting my new adventure in Italy," Seedorf said.

"I will soon be able to answer all questions about the future. I feel honoured and motivated. To be in a great club like AC Milan is a dream for everyone who wants to become a coach."

Seedorf thanked Botafogo and the people of Rio de Janeiro and said he hoped Brazil would do themselves proud hosting the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

"There have been a lot of positive things, and I have to thank Rio, I have to thank Brazil," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment