Monday 7 October 2013

RAFAEL RULES OUT CORINTHIANS SWITCH

 
Manchester United full-back Rafael da Silva has dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Brazilian side Corinthians.
The Brazil international has featured infrequently for the Premier League champions this term after being hampered by a hamstring injury.
Speculation has mounted that the 23-year-old could return to his homeland in order to feature regularly ahead of next year's FIFA World Cup in Brazil, but Rafael insists there is no truth in such rumours.
"A lot of people texted me asking about that (Corinthians rumour)," he told Perform.
"I haven't heard anything about that and my agent made it very clear that I am not considering a move.
"Especially after last season there is no reason whatsoever for me to leave.
"Maybe because I was injured and not playing some people may have thought that. Or maybe because we have a new manager.
"But for me it is business as usual. It's not time to come back to Brazil."
United have made an inauspicious start to the season, losing to Liverpool, Manchester City and West Brom in the Premier League.
However, Rafael has backed new manager David Moyes to turn around the club's fortunes.
"Obviously Manchester United is always expected to be the champion," he continued.
"It will be very hard for Moyes because it's just the beginning of his work.
"I think that he is learning a lot as well, things that he didn't do at Everton.
"So I think it is tough, but he will be well adapted very soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment